Freedom of Information
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act (FOI Act) applies to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC). The FOI Act establishes three statutory rights for citizens:
- A right for each person to access information held by public bodies
- A right for each person to have official information relating to himself or herself amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading
- A right to obtain reasons for decisions affecting oneself
The FOI Act allows public access to official information held by the CCPC which is not routinely available through other sources while also acknowledging the public interest and the right to privacy of individuals. Access to information under the FOI Act is subject to certain exemptions and involves specific procedures and time limits.
All FOI applications, or requests for further information on the FOI procedures, should be addressed to:
Corporate Services Division
Phone: 01 402 5500
FOI Publication Scheme
Publication Scheme under the Freedom of Information Act 2014
The CCPC has prepared and published a Publication Scheme concerning the publication of information by the CCPC in conformity with a Model Scheme and Guidelines made by the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform under Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act 2014. The scheme came into effect on 14th April 2016.
Purpose of the Scheme
The Scheme outlines the information and publications that are routinely available from the CCPC on its website and provides links to the relevant information under six headings from the Model Scheme as listed below. The information under each of the headings will be updated regularly as provided for under the Act. The scheme is web based but the CCPC will provide a hard copy of any of the information on its website on request.
Information about the CCPC
Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, structures, locations and contacts
- Roles, responsibilities and functions
- Corporate plans and strategies
- Annual report
- Organisation and pay/grading structures
- Locations and contact details for the organisation
- Service Level Agreements/Memoranda of Understanding
- Service charter
Services provided or to be provided to the public
The services we offer
Details of functions and services that the organisation provides and the decision making process
- The CCPC does not provide services of the nature above directly to the public. Our functions are set out here. We do however provide consumers with a wide range of information on their consumer rights, on personal finance and on financial education.
Decision making process for major policy proposals
How we make decisions on policies
Decision making processes and records of decisions
- The CCPC does not make policy but rather its remit is to implement Government policy as set out in the Competition and Consumer Protection Act 2014 and various other pieces of legislation.
What we spend
Financial information relating to income and expenditure
How we spend
Information relating to how we procure goods and services
FOI Disclosure log and other information to be published routinely
- FOI Disclosure Log 2022 Q2
- FOI Disclosure Log 2022 Q1
- FOI Disclosure Log 2021
- FOI Disclosure Log 2020
- FOI Disclosure Log 2019
- FOI Disclosure Log 2018
- FOI Disclosure Log 2017
- FOI Disclosure Log 2016
- Our publications, which include market studies, consumer research and submissions to public consultations can be found here.
- Commercial publications and relative charges – not applicable.
Last updated on 5 July 2022