Leaving Cert Applied
About Money Counts
Money Counts is a free resource developed by the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, in consultation with Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA) teachers. Our aim is to help LCA teachers and students to complete the units of Module 6 of the LCA Social Education course, ‘Taking Charge’, that relate specifically to personal finance education.
Money Counts at a glance
There are 5 topics covered in the Money Counts program:
- Section 1: Putting more money in your pocket
- Section 2: Managing your money matters
- Section 3: Saving and borrowing for what you want
- Section 4: The cost of being in debt
- Section 5: Protecting your stuff
Lesson plans, case studies and worksheets for each section are free to print off and use. All of the teacher’s notes and resources are freely available and there is no need to register or log in to access these. If you require any information about the resources, please email email@example.com or telephone 01 4703615.