How to make a complaint

How and where you make a complaint about your pension will depend on the type of pension you have. Please see the table below for information.

Type of pension Who to contact
State pensions The Department of Social Protection
Personal Pension Plan (PPP)

Personal Retirement Savings Account (PRSA) – only if you bought it yourself

Contact the insurance company and make an internal complaint first.

If you are still not satisfied contact the Financial Services & Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO).

Get information on making a complaint.

Occupational Pension

PRSA (if provided by your employer)

Contact your employer and make an internal complaint.

You can also contact:

Public Service Contact the HR Division in your workplace and request a copy of the Internal Disputes Resolution (IDR) procedure.

If you are still not satisfied contact the Pensions Authority.

Last updated on 7 January 2021

Haven’t found what you're looking for?