Do you need financial advice?
With so many financial products available it can be difficult to compare all the options and make the right decision for you. If you are confused by what is on offer, it’s best to get independent financial advice.
You might consider getting financial advice especially if you are making long-term financial decisions, like:
- Planning for your retirement and looking at pension options
- Dealing with the financial effects of big changes in your life, such as separation or divorce
- Buying someone out of a joint mortgage or selling your portion of a house to the person you bought it with
- Investing for the first time
- Getting a mortgage
- Protecting yourself and your family if you become ill or die
Think about your needs
You need to think carefully about what you want from an adviser. Do you need general advice on financial planning or more specific advice about a particular decision or product? Being clear about what you want from an adviser will make it easier to choose the right type of financial adviser for your needs.
A qualified and experienced financial adviser can:
- Help you understand your needs, plan ahead and become more financially secure
- Save you money and time by shopping around on your behalf
- Help you understand the risks involved in certain financial products
- Recommend the most suitable products for your needs
However, you may prefer to deal with a financial services provider directly instead – so you need to consider all your options.