About Money skills for life
Money skills for life is a free one-hour personal finance talk, developed by the CCPC to provide financial education to employees, with the support of their employer. The talk covers six topics:
- Sorting out your money
- Saving and investing
- Borrowing money
- Dealing with debt
- Planning for later life
Money skills for life can be organised as a one-off talk or as part of a series of employee development and welfare events. Talks are delivered by a CCPC trained presenter and each attendee gets a free handbook and planner to take home, which contains lots of useful information and tools to help them manage their money. You can find out more in our leaflet information for employers, or watch our short video of Money skills for life in action.
How do you book a talk?
All you have to do is make a location in your workplace available (ideally a room with PowerPoint facilities) on a date and time that suits you and make the booking through our online booking form. We do the rest! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Colin on 01-470 3615.
What attendees said about Money skills for life in 2018
- 98% of attendees found the talk useful or very useful
- 96% of attendees would recommend the talk to others
- 98% of employers said that the talk met or exceeded their expectations
- “I would highly recommend this workshop to other employers as our staff really appreciate the opportunity to be informed on various aspects of managing personal finances.’’
- “Money skills for life gave our employees practical skills for their current financial needs as well as the future.’’
- “Some very valuable and practical tips that will certainly make a difference in day-to-day spending.’’
- “Great insight, clear concise communication and kept the session moving and engaging.’’
Money skills for students
The cost of going to college often comes as a shock to students and their families. If you need some ideas about budgeting, saving and managing debt then talk to your welfare officer/student services about setting up a free Money skills for life talk at your college. Colleges can contact Colin Casey on 01-470 3615 for more information or use our online booking form.