February 19, 2015
Volvo vehicle recall
Volvo is recalling the following models which were produced between 2011 and 2015:
S60, V60, XC60, V70, XC70, S80
- S60 – 081110 to 350262 (built in Gent)
- S60 – 290056 to 360156 (built in Torslanda)
- V60 – 011004 to 260428 (built in Torslanda)
- XC60 – 237064 to 729424 (built in Gent)
- V70 – 213001 to 331870 (built in Torslanda)
- XC70 – 140559 to 223682 (built in Torslanda)
- S80 – 162386 to 190680 (built in Torslanda)
This recall is due to an issue relating to the parking brake. Vehicles with manual gearboxes and start/stop functionality have Parking Brake Module (PBM) software that may allow the parking brake to unintentionally release. This could only occur when the engine is running and the gearstick moved.
The recall involves 212 vehicles in Ireland.
What to do
Letters will be sent by Volvo to the owners of affected vehicles informing them of the recall and asking that they arrange for an appointment to have the required work completed. You can also contact your nearest Volvo dealer to enquire if your vehicle is involved.
Any work carried out as part of this recall will be completed free of charge.
You can contact Volvo Customer Relations team on 01 4631220.Return to Product Recalls