Safety alert on ‘5 Face Paint’
October 28, 2011
The Irish Medicines Board has issued an alert on Chelford Children’s ‘5 Face Paint’ set with stencil on safety grounds (Barcode 5015931122122).
This face paint set contains 5 paints (black, white, blue, yellow, red), a stencil and two applicators.
Tests have found excessive levels of lead in the yellow paint.
The product is made by Chelford and the packaging has ‘The Tartan Collection Chelford’ printed on the back.
The face paint set was sold in the following 5 retail outlets in Ireland:
- The Castle Shop, Castle Street, Co. Meath
- LD Smith, T/A Riverside Home & Gift, Coast Road, Mornington, Drogheda, Co. Meath
- An Siopa Deas, Market Street, Clifden, Co. Galway
- XIT Dept Store, Finglas Main Centre, Dublin 11
- Kinvara Supermarket, 39 Kinvara Park, Navan Road, Dublin 7
What to do:
If you have this product, stop your child from using it and return the product to the shop where you purchased it for a full refund.
If you have any concerns you are advised to contact your local pharmacist, GP or health care specialist.Return to Product Recalls