About Money skills for life
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) update: Due to the developments in relation to Covid-19 (Coronavirus) we will only be taking bookings for remote Money skills for life talks until further notice.
Money skills for life is a free one-hour personal finance talk, developed by the CCPC to provide financial education to employees, with the support of their employer. The talk covers six topics:
- Sorting out your money
- Saving and investing
- Borrowing money
- Dealing with debt
- Planning for later life
Money skills for life can be organised as a one-off talk or as part of a series of employee development and welfare events. Talks are delivered by a CCPC trained presenter and each attendee gets a free handbook and planner to take home, which contains lots of useful information and tools to help them manage their money. You can find out more in our leaflet information for employers, or watch our short video of Money skills for life in action.
How do you book a talk?
All you have to do is make a location in your workplace available (ideally a room with PowerPoint facilities) on a date and time that suits you and make the booking through our online booking form. We do the rest! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call Colin on 01-470 3615.
What attendees said about Money skills for life in 2020
- 98% of attendees found the talk useful or very useful
- 94% of attendees would recommend the talk to others
- 99% of employers said that the talk met or exceeded their expectations
- “’We found the session to be very engaging and informative. I would recommend this to anyone.’’
- “’Great resource for employers and employees alike.’’
- ”’Very informative no matter how financially savvy you may be – there is something in there for everyone to take away.”
- “’I will definitely keep a spending diary to keep track of what I am spending on a day-to-day basis.’’
- ”I immediately went back & researched my pension, considering taking out an AVC. I also set up vaults on my card for savings for car insurance, car tax etc.’’
Money skills for students
The cost of going to college often comes as a shock to students and their families. If you need some ideas about budgeting, saving and managing debt then talk to your welfare officer/student services about setting up a free Money skills for life talk at your college. Colleges can contact Colin Casey on 01-470 3615 for more information or use our online booking form.
Interested in becoming a Money skills for life presenter?
Our talks are delivered by volunteers who are currently working or have previous experience in the financial services industry. As the basis for the entire programme is the independent nature of the information being delivered we never recommend a particular product or provider and this should be considered before volunteering for Money skills for life.
Depending on their designation volunteer presenters can receive up to one hour CPD for their participation in delivering talks. Find more information on becoming a Money skills for life presenter here.