About Money skills for life
A Msfl talk can be delivered either on-site or remotely. Our ability to deliver an on-site talk is dependent on the availability of our volunteer presenters.
Money skills for life is a free, bespoke one-hour personal finance talk, developed by the CCPC to provide financial education to consumers, with the support of their employer, community group or charity organisation. There are 7 topics to choose from:
- Saving and investing
- Borrowing money
- Dealing with debt
- Pensions: Occupational pensions
- Pensions: Personal pensions
A combination of any 2 of the above presentations can be delivered during the one-hour session. We advise that an additional 15 mins be allocated for questions.
We also offer standalone presentations:
Pre-retirement – this presentation is suitable to those coming up to retirement and provides relevant information to assist them during the transition from working.
Foundation – this presentation covers the basics of day-to-day banking such as setting up a bank account, paying bills, using online banking etc.
After the talks have been delivered we’ll send you a short survey to be completed by those who attended and those who organised the talk. This feedback helps us ensure that the content of the presentations is suitable and meeting the needs of those attending.
Money skills for life can be organised as a one-off talk or as part of a series of development and welfare events. Talks are delivered by a CCPC trained volunteer presenter and each attendee will receive a free handbook and budget planner, which contains lots of useful information and tools to help them manage their money.
How do you book a talk?
All you have to do is pick a date and time that suits you and make the booking through our online booking form. Let us know whether you would like the talk delivered in person or remotely and we will do the rest! If you are requesting an in-person talk please ensure that an appropriate venue is available with PowerPoint facilities. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sadhbh on (01) 470 3605.
What attendees said about Money skills for life in 2022
- 100% of attendees found the talk useful or very useful
- 87% of attendees felt they benefited from attending the talk
- 100% of employers said that the talk met or exceeded their expectations
- “Excellent talk, really informative and helpful especially in the current climate. The presenter was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Great feedback from our employees.”
- “Financial stability is a cornerstone of a person’s overall wellbeing. This talk puts everyday financial decisions into perspective and offers a host of tips and tricks to help get your finances back under control.”
- “You will pick up something you didn’t know before, totally worth attending the session to pick up some tips and tricks for managing your money better.”
- “I have spent more time budgeting, I’ve made more considerations about my
mortgage, and I’m sharing the comparison tool with family members.”
- “I plan to try to shorten my car loan and also pay off my mortgage earlier.”
- “Loved the Spending Diary and will implement this for myself and my husband as well as the Income and Expenditure check and also love the goals worksheet and budget planner.”
If you are interested in becoming a Money skills for life presenter, check the requirements and opportunities.