How to notify
Pre-merger notification discussions
Pre-merger notification discussions are voluntary. The CCPC is available to meet parties who have expressed their intention to notify a merger or acquisition.
The purpose of pre-merger notification discussions is to:
- discuss the need for a merger or acquisition to be notified
- help parties to decide whether a merger or acquisition is suitable for review under the simplified merger notification procedure
- assist parties in preparing the merger notification form
- give parties the opportunity to provide the CCPC with information on the nature of competition and any potential competition issues in the markets, industries or sectors concerned
For more information you can read this document on pre-merger notification discussions.
Merger notification form
To notify a merger or acquisition to the CCPC, parties must complete and submit the merger notification form and supporting documentation. The form sets out the information the parties are required to provide. It also gives guidance on issues relevant for making a notification.
Notifications must be submitted to the CCPC before 3pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Parties can notify a merger or acquisition using:
- the simplified merger notification procedure, or
- the standard merger review procedure
Parties do not need to complete certain sections of the merger notification form if it is being notified under the simplified merger notification procedure. That information is set out in the Simplified Merger Notification Procedure Guidelines.
Parties may also be required by the CCPC to notify a merger or acquisition under section 18A(2) of the Competition Act 2002, as amended. In this case, the parties are required to complete certain identified sections of the merger notification form.
Download the merger notification form.
Merger or acquisition notifications must be accompanied by a fee of €8,000 (S.I. No. 623 of 2002). The fee is payable by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the CCPC using the bank account details set out in the merger notification form.