Online Discount Sites Jul 2012
5 July 2012
Three in five adults using the Internet in Ireland have signed to discount sites, according to a survey conducted by Amárach Research on behalf of the National Consumer Agency.
Among its main findings, the market research about online discount sites also found that:
- Of those consumers who have signed up, 61% have bought a product or service from discount sites
- One in three (33%) of those who have bought from these sites said they had reason to be dissatisfied with a purchase, up 5 percentage points since November 2011
The main reasons stated for the dissatisfaction were:
- Poor service delivery or poor product quality (34%)
- The retailer could not provide the service when required, or delivery was delayed (18%)
One in two (52%) of those who were dissatisfied made a complaint. Of these:
- 70% complained to the online discount site company
- 43% complained to the actual provider of the product or service
(The figures add up to more than 100% because some consumers complained to both the online discount site and the actual provider).
Three in five (61%) of those who complained had their complaint resolved.
Return to Market Research