Shopper Trends 2009
Kantar Worldpanel monitors the grocery retailer take-home purchasing habits of 3,000 demographically representative Irish households. Detailed information is collected on the purchasing habits of these households.
This data provides very valuable information relating to consumer purchasing patterns and behaviours in a market which is an important area of expenditure for all consumers, given that the average household in Ireland spends approximately one fifth of their total weekly expenditure on groceries.
A recent presentation by Kantar to the National Consumer Agency gives a summary update of grocery and shopper trends up to and including Christmas 2009.
The presentation examines:
- The total spend in the grocery market, by sector, during 2009
- A comparison with trends in previous years
- The number of stores visited by consumers
- Branded and own brand market shares
- Level of promotional activity
- Some comparable data for the UK grocery market
Download Kantar’s presentation.
Return to Market Research