In line with Government recommendations and in the interests of staff welfare most of the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission’s (CCPC) operations are being delivered by staff working remotely. Please bear with us if there are any slight delays in responding to queries or other contacts.
We want you to know that we will continue to deliver on our statutory functions.
Detailed as follows is how we will do that. This information will be kept under constant review and will be updated as required:
Information for consumers
- To help ensure the health and safety of our staff and continue to provide our service to consumers throughout the COVID-19 outbreak, our phone line opening hours have changed to 9am – 1pm Monday to Friday.
We will continue to review our operational hours on a daily basis and post any further updates on our social media and website.
- A Q&A is also available on our website to help consumers understand their rights and the steps they can take when it comes to, travel arrangements, health and travel insurance, as well as online shopping and deliveries.
- Our social media channels will continue to provide daily updates and relevant information.
- Notwithstanding our working arrangements we will continue to actively monitor compliance with consumer protection law across the economy and we will continue to engage with businesses to ensure that consumers are provided with the protections that they are entitled to by law.
- If consumers are concerned about their rights, particularly in the context of pricing, package holidays or misleading claims we would ask that they contact us on our helpline 01 405 5555 or contact-us-form.
- The CCPC will continue to carry out its product safety and market surveillance functions for non-food consumer products within its remit.
- This includes actioning business and consumer notifications of unsafe products or product recalls as normal (available here).
- We will continue to alert consumers as usual to any product recalls through the normal channels – our website and social media.
- The CCPC is accepting merger and acquisition notifications in digital format only. Please see separate notice with further details.